- Model-Based or Design-Based? Competing Approaches in "Empirical Micro", University of Michigan, March 2012.
- "Peer Effects in Labor Markets, Neighborhoods, and Social Groups", 8th Annual W.J. Usery Distinguished Lecture, Georgia State University, 2012.
- "Immigration: Trends, Impacts, Policies", Carl Snyder Memorial Lecture, University of California, Santa Barbara, 2011.
- "The Return of the Firm to Labor Economics", The Society of Labor Economists, Presidential Address, April 2011.
- Richard T. Ely Lecture: "Immigration and Inequality"American Economic Review: Papers & Proceedings, 2009.
- "Social Interactions, Tipping, and Segregation", Wellesley College, 2008.